1814 - 1900
Friedrich Koenig and Andreas Bauer establish Schnellpressenfabrik Koenig & Bauer in a secularised monastery in Oberzell near Würzburg, taking on the mammoth task of setting up an industrial production line 25 years before the industrial age reached Germany.
Friedrich Koenig dies. Andreas Bauer and Fanny Koenig, Friedrich's widow, carry on the business.
Fritz Helbig, Friedrich Koenig's nephew, and Leo Müller found Schnellpressenfabrik Helbig & Müller in Vienna. Later acquired by Koenig & Bauer, the company is now called KBA-Mödling AG.
Wilhelm Koenig, Friedrich Koenig's elder son, joins the company. In 1854 he develops Bauer's fourfold circular-motion press into a sixfold version.
Friedrich Koenig Jr. joins the firm and helps Fanny Koenig set up a network of social institutions.
Andreas Bauer dies. Wilhelm Koenig and Friedrich Koenig Jr. manage the company jointly, assisted by Fanny Koenig.
A former master craftsman at Koenig & Bauer, Andreas Albert, and his partner Andreas Hamm found Schnellpressenfabrik Albert & Hamm in Frankenthal. Later renamed Albert-Frankenthal, the company became part of the KBA group in 1990.
Inauguration of the company's training school, still flourishing today.
Company statutes are drafted and a factory council with parity representation is appointed.
Koenig & Bauer ships its first webfed press, to Magdeburger Zeitung.
Albrecht Bolza, Friedrich Koenig's grandson, joins the firm. Edgar Koenig develops a web press with integrated former.
Frankenthal builds the first Albertina commercial flatbed press for finest polychrome printing.
Shipment of the first web press built in Frankenthal.
The 5,000th press leaves the Oberzell factory.
Joseph Hauss, a former field engineer at Albert in Frankenthal, and Alfred Sparbert found the Dresdner Schnellpressenfabrik, which later moves to Radebeul, changes its name to Planeta and is now Koenig & Bauer's sheetfed facility.
1899 FT Albert & Cie. ships its 5,000th press.